|M arin Horizon School believes that every child can grow up to make a difference in the world. Every day, our faculty enthusiastically delivers a topnotch education to children from preschool through middle school in joyful classrooms where academics and integrity are of equal importance. We do this because the world doesn’t just need smart people. The world needs smart people with the courage to be kind and to stand up for what’s right.|
|We have limited space in certain grades for the fall of 2014 and are currently accepting applications.|
Sign up to visit our school and begin the application process today! If you have questions or would like to visit the school on a day other than scheduled tour dates, please contact the Admissions Office at 415.388.8408, ext. 262.
We look forward to meeting you!
We invite all NEW FAMILIES joining our community to visit our New Family Welcome website.
| || |
Everything you need to know about our traditional summer camp, Spanish Camp, and brand new Adventure Camp.
Marin Horizon-Where Academics & Character Are Classmates
|Our mission is to challenge students to be self-reliant thinkers and lifelong learners. We inspire academic excellence, nurture students’ natural love of learning, and encourage them to be confident, creative individuals who are responsible to each other, the community, and the world. Our mission is built on the six cornerstones of Marin Horizon School, which influence daily work in every classroom:
- Love of Learning motivated by close, inspired relationships with a distinguished and innovative faculty that provides engaging experiences and encourages active involvement, wonder and discovery.
- Academic Excellence promoted by an integrated, spiraling curriculum that challenges young minds, fuels imagination and fosters a deeper understanding of concepts and their connection to real-life issues.
- Values-based Learning fostered by real experiences that develop social conscience, self -reliance, collaboration, and multicultural respect and competence.
- Dedication to Environment cultivated by exploring the interconnectedness of all life on earth and learning ways to protect, respect and live in harmony with the environment.
- Sense of Community nurtured by the support, commitment and dedication of parents, teachers, students and neighbors working together.
- Respect for Diversity promoted by awareness of and responsibility to each other within our community and the world.